Thank you for considering the Curator’s House for your wedding.
The Curator’s House
- centrally located venue
The charm of the Tudor style house, its intimate dining rooms and tranquil enclosed garden
courtyard integrate beautifully with the stunning Botanic Gardens & Avon River.
All options for your special day are available at this unique location
- Arrive by punt
- hold your ceremony on site,
- be photographed in the gardens while your guests enjoy canapés & champagne sangria in our garden
- then enjoy a superb meal with excellent service
- Two downstairs ‘Riverside’ (16-20px) & ‘Bar’ (16-20px) & are ‘open plan’
- Two upstairs’Gold Room’ (18-28px) & Library(16-20px) people -completely private
- The ‘Honeymoon Balcony’ seats 4-6 people and can be completely private
- The ‘Magnolia Room’ seats 10 people and is completely private
- The ‘Garden Courtyard’ is ideal for pre dinner cocktails,socialising or dining (accommodates 75+ px cocktail party / seats 45 px for dining)
- Downstairs rooms including garden courtyard 150+ people
You may have a preference for a particular room in the Curator’s House. As always, we aim to make
our customers happy and will do our best to satisfy this request. At very busy times, we may not be
able to guarantee a particular room .
Acoustic live music is welcome – no amplifiers. All live music to finish by 11pm.
- A stunning range of wedding menus ranging from 3 course seated menus to also including Pre dinner Canape menu to let guests mingle while you have your photos taken
- There is a minimum cost of $110pp for all weddings at Curator’s House
- The Wedding ceremony fee for on site marriages is $500. We supply the location, ceremony table with damask linen cloth & signing chair, plus the first two rows of chairs for guests.
- Our chef can cut and platter your wedding cake for $2.50pp or serve on individual plates
- Floral and table decorations P.O.A.
- To make a reservation, a $500 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking. Confirmation is made in writing following a meeting with our Wedding & Function Coordinator.
- Arrival and dining time, menu selection, allocation of areas and approximate number of guests need to be decided at time of confirmation.
- Final details for confirmed number of guests, seating arrangements, beverage selection need to be received at least 10 days prior.
- Prepayment of 60% of total food account is required at this time. This is the number that will be prepared and charged for, unless advised otherwise at least 72 hours prior.
- Cancellation: No refund of prepayment will be given unless event date can be rebooked.